Monday, April 7, 2008

NM 502 pipe laying east of Rio Grande

I happened to venture to at least Pojoaque a couple of times in recent weeks, and I noticed some construction activity on the south side of NM 502 east of the Rio. The last trip, which I think was March 29, there were two HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) rigs. The pipe is white, probably threaded steel, so I suspect it is a water line. Maybe the San Ildefonso Pueblo is involved, since it is so close to there. Maybe it is the Santa Fe Buckman diversion project. Evidently that has been big news in Santa Fe for months if not years, but I first heard anything about it just a week or two ago. I wonder if whoever is doing the project realizes they could have pulled HDPE (high density polyethylene) conduit with that white pipe and have a place to put fiber, too.

1 comment:

redhardhat said...

The caption to a photo on page 3 of tonight's Monitor says the pipe is for natural gas and that PNM is installing it.